Examinations are a very important part of your time at St Peter’s School. This section is designed to provide easy access to up-to-date information on examinations.
A number of documents which provide important information on how to prepare and what to expect during examinations are available to download in the panel on the left of this page. Important documents covering the current JCQ rules and regulations can also be found here. These rules and regulations must be adhered to by all students taking examinations at St Peter’s School.
The outline dates for the announced Autumn series are:
A levels Monday 5th October until Friday 23rd October
GCSE Monday 2nd November until Monday 23rd November
Individual exam dates are not known as yet and will be confirmed at a later date.
Deadline for appeals for NEA marks:
As per JCQ (Joint Council Regulations) requirements all candidates taking GCSE or GCE qualifications must be informed of the mark given to them for any centre assessed component or unit. This enables a candidate, if they wish, to ask for a review of the centre’s marking before submitting the mark to the awarding body.
Candidates are reminded that if they wish to make an appeal it is about the process of the marking and it’s conduct, rather than an appeal about the mark given.
Read & Write
Read&Write is a piece of software that works as a ‘toolbar’ in conjunction with familiar tools such as Word, Google Docs and web browsers. It offers a range of powerful support tools to help students gain confidence with reading, writing, studying and research:
- Text-to-speech to hear words, passages, or whole documents read aloud with easy-tofollow dual color highlighting
- Dictionary definitions and pictures to identify the meaning of words
- With speech-to-text, dictate words to assist with writing, proofreading & studying
- Word prediction to offer suggestions for the current or next word to build writing skills
- Collection of highlights from text in documents, from a web page or PDF for summarising and research to help revision
- Pupils can receive voice notes in their documents to get teacher feedback on work - helping them improve their work faster
- Simplify text on web pages to remove ads and other items that can be distracting