Examinations are a very important part of your time at St Peter’s School. This section is designed to provide easy access to up-to-date information on examinations.
Summer 2022 Exam Timetable
The exam boards are working very hard to provide schools and colleges with a final confirmed summer exam timetable, we have had a provisional one which was released for consultation and we hope to have a finalised one very soon. Initial indications are that it will be similar to a “normal year” starting in May and ending (hopefully) around the end of June. We are advising that no holidays are booked until we have this final information, as no special consideration can be applied for if a candidate is absent from an exam for a holiday.
As soon as this information is available we will publish on the school website.
Deadline for appeals for NEA marks:
Details for summer 2022 will be advised when dates are confirmed by examining bodies.
As per JCQ (Joint Council Regulations) requirements all candidates taking GCSE or GCE qualifications must be informed of the mark given to them for any centre assessed component or unit. This enables a candidate, if they wish, to ask for a review of the centre’s marking before submitting the mark to the awarding body.
Candidates are reminded that if they wish to make an appeal it is about the process of the marking and it’s conduct, rather than an appeal about the mark given.
Read & Write
Read&Write is a piece of software that works as a ‘toolbar’ in conjunction with familiar tools such as Word, Google Docs and web browsers. It offers a range of powerful support tools to help students gain confidence with reading, writing, studying and research:
- Text-to-speech to hear words, passages, or whole documents read aloud with easy-tofollow dual color highlighting
- Dictionary definitions and pictures to identify the meaning of words
- With speech-to-text, dictate words to assist with writing, proofreading & studying
- Word prediction to offer suggestions for the current or next word to build writing skills
- Collection of highlights from text in documents, from a web page or PDF for summarising and research to help revision
- Pupils can receive voice notes in their documents to get teacher feedback on work - helping them improve their work faster
- Simplify text on web pages to remove ads and other items that can be distracting