Communication and Interaction Needs
This section covers students who have difficulties with:
- Speech, Language and CommunicationNeeds (SLCN)Hearing
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
What Can St Peter's Offer?
Please note: These options need to be agreed upon for each student in conjunction with parents/carers and then regularly reviewed /modified.
All students can access:
- Quality First teaching with appropriate differentiation (including best SEND practice).
- Visual aids to support key vocabulary, concepts and themes.
- Dedicated and caring staff who value all students regardless of ability.
Support for targeted groups of students may include:
- Visual timetables
- Assisted technology
- Supported breaks and lunchtimes
- Access to Teaching Assistant support.
- Nurture class/adapted curriculum
Targeted individual support may include:
- Personalised support plans.
- Additional interventions
- Quiet place to go
- Exam Access Arrangements.
- Keyworkers for students with EHCP’s or with a high-level need.
- Access to The Cabin
Links to Useful Organisations: