The year group have made an incredible start to their time at St Peter’s, during their first year, with students making new friends and developing positive relationships with staff.
We are very encouraged by the progress the year group has made and long may it continue in to year 8 and beyond.
Please do not hesitate to contact any member of the Year 8 Team for advice or support:
Helen Genty, Student Support Manager – email@example.com
L Weeden, Head of Year – firstname.lastname@example.org
J Lester, Assistant Head of Year – email@example.com
Having High Standards
We want all students to have the best possible start to each day at school. Some school standards which will help all students to achieve this are:
- Continuing to be polite and positive members of the school community
- Wearing full school uniform, in line with the school’s uniform policy.
- Wearing PE kits on PE days, in line with the school’s uniform policy
- Attendance should be 96% and above to maximise classroom learning
- Students should be in school, in class and ready to learn by 8.30am (gates will be closed at 8.25am)
- Basic equipment for all subjects is required (a pen / a spare pen, a pencil, a ruler etc)
At the end of the first term, students will be assessed, and some teaching groups will be amended based on the results of these assessments. This will see some students move around in certain subjects to allow them to be successful. Please be aware that sets may continue to change throughout the course of the year based on students’ academic progress.
100’s students were nominated for awards during our celebration assemblies during year 7, these were awarded for continued impeccable behaviour and attitude throughout the half term. Congratulations to those who received nominations.
Year 8 Parents Evening
Year 8 parents evening will take place on Thursday 25th April 2024. More information will be sent out nearer the time.