Section Navigation


At St Peter's we work with a range of bursary providers and chartiable trusts to support students through their education and in participating in clubs and trips. Please contact the club or trip organiser for more information.

Please see the link below to the Hinchingbrooke Foundation

Sixth Form Bursaries

You could get a bursary to help with education-related costs if you’re aged 16 to 19 and are studying at school or college (not university) in England.

A bursary is money that you, or your education or training provider, can use to pay for things like:

  • clothing, books and other equipment for your course
  • transport and lunch on days you study

There are 2 types of 16 to 19 bursary:

Vulnerable Student Bursary

You could get a bursary worth up to £1,200, if one of the following applies to you:

  • you’re in or recently left local authority care
  • you get Income Support or Universal Credit in your name
  • you’re disabled and get both Employment and Support Allowance (ESA), and either Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP) in your name

Discretionary Bursary

You could get a discretionary bursary if you need financial help but don’t qualify for a vulnerable student bursary.

How to apply

Come and speak to the Sixth form team and ask for an application form.

We will write to you to let you know about our decision and how much you have been eligible for. You will then receive 6 payments over the year, depending on your attendance and behaviour in school.

If you have any further questions, please contact Mrs Matthew.