National Apprenticeship Week 2021
Dear Parent/Carer and Student,
The theme for this year's National Apprenticeship week is 'build the future', with the aim of the campaign to encourage employers to celebrate the diversity of opportunity and value that apprenticeships bring, and how they can help individuals and employers build their future. This year is the fourteenth National Apprenticeship Week. As part of National Apprenticeship Week 2021 we would like to inform you of the following information and virtual events:
- Federica our linked apprenticeship adviser from AIM Apprenticeships has created a brief narrated PowerPoint presentation for you to look at (see attached).
- Aim Apprenticeship group are putting on a webinar for parents on Monday 8th February at 5pm to register https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/lets-talk-about-the-future-of-apprenticeships-through-the-pandemic-tickets-138281490661?aff= .
They are also running a range of live sessions delivered on employability skills, industry insights and apprenticeship opportunities book onto the following link: Workpays Events | Eventbrite
- Young Professionals are delivering 'Apprentice Talk Sessions' where you can hear about Apprentice career journeys and learn about different types of apprenticeships, some myth busting and a few prizes along the way!
Registration Link: https://www.research.net/r/NAW2021
- Cambridge Regional College: Virtual apprenticeship event on the 11th February 2021 6pm to 7.45pm and are taking bookings now, students can sign up to updates for NAW at CRC. Please see attached flier. The CRC Apprenticeship Team are also available all week for students to book advice appointments – these advice appointments will take place over the phone and they are able to assist with the applications process, give guidance on finding the right apprenticeship and talk about some of the current apprenticeship job vacancies that are available. To find out more about National Apprenticeship Week, register for the Information Evening and book an adviser appointment visit: https://www.camre.ac.uk/naw-2021
- Peterborough Regional College: Virtual Apprenticeship sessions on Thursday 11th February, 5pm – 7pm and Friday 12th February, 12 noon – 2pm.
To register interest complete Candidate enquiry form (specifying the session you are interested in attending)
- UCAS Discover Apprenticeships Week are hosting a week of dedicated live sessions, information, and advice about everything to do with apprenticeships. Each day students will discover something new about what’s on offer and what’s involved in studying while working.
To book. https://www.ucas.com/understanding-apprenticeships/discover-apprenticeships
- NHS Apprenticeship information https://www.nhsemployers.org/your-workforce/plan/workforce-supply/apprenticeships
- To search and apply for apprenticeship opportunities please register onto the National Apprenticeship Service website: https://www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship
- Please see the attached Labour Market Information for Greater Cambridge and Greater Peterborough region with interesting facts and figures.
We will be sending out further information to students in year 11 and Sixth Form to sign up for apprenticeship sessions with Federica and the careers team in the near future. We hope you make the most of National Apprenticeship week and find the links and events useful.
For careers information advice and guidance and support with next steps please contact Mrs Jenkins: firstname.lastname@example.org